Sunday, October 10, 2010

I made it.

That's what I keep thinking.

Here it is, right close to midnight, and I made it.

I'm not talking about posting, I'm talking about making it though a crapfest of a day.

You've had those, right?

When everything is happening and none of it in the way that you envisioned?

When you want to be patient and loving and enjoy the beautiful day while running errands with your Little(s), but then you notice that your jaw hurts because your teeth have been clenched too tight for too long?

"BeBe and CeCe" made a long, unwelcome appearance in my house today. That's what I call Playette when she's doing a lot of whinin'. Usually, she's either BeBe or CeCe, but not today.

One of us did a lot of yelling and crying at one point, but it may not have been the one you're thinking.

Looking back, I can laugh. It's funny now, twelve hours later, how back then I was begging for noon to come because I was sooo sure that a bad morning was going to turn into a great afternoon.

I ate a lot of Wheat Thins today. Like, half a box. While sitting on our balcony and gazing at the peek-a-boo view of the ocean. Yeah, Wheat Thins. They made me feel better while Playette took an 8 minute nap. At least they're not graham crackers and Nutella.

Baby steps.

Another thing I can laugh about is how hard I worked to prepare a meal for a new mom (I volunteered and tonight was my night) only to go to my email to verify her address and notice that the very things she didn't want were in my dish. Like, prominently.

Oh, geez.

I screwed that up big time.

I hope she'll let me make that up to her.

I had a big event to attend tonight. Unfortunately, our sitter was quite ill and we had to make other arrangements. Thankfully, I've learned how to ask for help when I need it and it all worked out in the end.

What's that, Maya? If it's not ok, it's not the end?

I think about that quote a lot these days.

So, I made it to my event. A fundraiser. Wanna see what my couple of glasses of wine on top of an empty Wheat Thin-filled stomach bought me in the silent auction?


There are cookies in there. Lots of cookies. And chocolate and a blanket, maybe a mug, picture frame bookends, and a couple of autographed children's books.

Comforting, huh?

I like winning stuff.

Once I got that and my mushroom risotto followed by 2+ desserts, I was in a much better mood.


Yes, I ate all of that. The apple crisp? That went really fast. I barely remember it. I drew the line at dessert #3. No, wait. I did eat the strawberries off of that plate. But fruit is good for you, so YAY!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I made a new friend.


It's all ok now.

The end.

1 comments:

Wendy P said...

(((C))). Sorry it was a tough day! That basket looks amazing! And I'm glad you enjoyed your dessert(s).

And fyi, you look teeny-tiny in that pic over on Michelle's blog, today, so I'm sure wheat thins and yummy desserts didn't make a lick of difference.

Bebe and Cece cracked me up.