Saturday, October 3, 2009

Siiiiccck

Up until about six months ago, I worked in an office that we all affectionately called "The Petri Dish." Because, OMG, it so was. It was, by far, the nicest office in that 100+ year-old building, but there were many people in one space with limited air circulation and I don't think they took the time to properly dispose of whatever nastiness was behind the new drywall and fresh paint. I got pneumonia in that office and I was in the ER more times than I needed to be. Why I never realized this was a more serious issue then, I'll never know.

But I'm gone now. And I've been appreciating every day of wellness I've had since then. My health has improved in more than one way and it's great.

So that's why I was taken aback on Thursday afternoon when my throat started to hurt. I mean, Out of The Petri Dish = Good Health 4Eva, right?

Ha. Apparently, I'm not immune to the change in seasons (minimal as it may be here) and whatever crap is going around.

By Thursday night, I was up with a throast. You know, throat + on fire = throast.

This is, by far, the most equations I've ever had in a post. Go, me.

I made it through my workday yesterday and climbed back in the bed, which is where I've been for about 85% of the time since then. I've watched a couple of episodes of Glee (Note: tune in 10/21 to see a couple of actresses with Ds and, yes, I've heard about the issue with last Wednesday's show), some show about the World's Strongest Toddler, another few Toddlers and Tiaras (whyyyyy?!), some thing about coroners in LA, a couple of Ruby episodes (she used to work at the Tae Bo gym? I wonder if we ever met.), True Life, and other assorted shows that are, no doubt, not helping me get any smarter. I really wish I would have read a book or something. But you know how it is when you're sick. You get a pass.

I did go to Whole Foods this morning though (Free soup! Sure that was as a result of some drama with the rude cashier, but my soup! Free!). And then we got up and out this afternoon for a little while. I was determined not to miss out on the free aquarium passes this month like I did last month. We need them for two visits that I'm excited about. My aunt will be coming to town for a week starting on Saturday and then the Phamily comes a couple of weeks after that.

Since our social calendar is pretty full between now and the end of the year, it's probably for the best that I'm taking a break now. BD is on Playette duty for the weekend, though I'm finding it harder and harder to be away from her these days. She seems to like me a lot more and - gasp! - misses me when I'm gone. She's also crazy in the funnest possible way so I miss her right back. This girl is a trip, y'all.

Anyway.

I promise to be less boring when I'm feeling better.

2 comments:

sheree said...

for a second I thought I was back in my highschool algenra class with all of those equations. :)Kidding.

Feel better!

sheree said...

*algebra*