Friday, October 16, 2009

Grateful

I love the laughter of my healthy, happy little girl. She followed me around tonight, wanting to be around me, content to crawl up on the couch next to me and just smile. And that smile? It has 5 whole teeth now.

I have a supportive husband who knows me all too well. We may push one another's buttons, but at the end of the day, we know we have each other's backs. That's my partner in crime, my ace, my dawg...but he still won't rub my feet even when I ask real nice like. But I still love him.

My house has smelled like the following homemade dishes this week: beef stew, baked ziti, chicken noodle soup, chicken and dumplings. I love the smell of comfort food. It drifts up to the second floor and down to the garage. It wraps around me and feels like a hug. I slept better each night.

I'm learning to appreciate more and more the things that are right in front of me. It's so easy to take it all for granted.

I have the ability to do things that I never thought I could before. All I have to do is try. And then keep trying. Eventually, I may just get it right.

I don't have a mom, but I have an aunt. One who took the time to come and take care of us this week. It's an interesting thing, being taken care of. I'm not used to it, but I like it.

I have friends that range from sisters-by-choice of over 20 years to imaginary ones inside my computer. I am grateful for you all because you each bring unique gifts to the table. I need friends in my life and I'm fortunate to have them.

I have just what I need. I guess that's the point.

3 comments:

Peaches323 said...

Loving the Golden Girls reference. And I am glad that Jackie is there to take of you. I am tasting her good food right now.

sheree said...

great post! Can your aunt come take care of me?

R Matta said...

How was the baked ziti? I've got some on the shelf, waiting for me to find a recipe. :)