Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fresh Off the Shelf

Have you ever used Amazon Marketplace to sell books? If so, do/did you like it? Do you have an alternative that you'd like to recommend?

I have come to the understanding that my career and pursuits are no longer what they used to be. And I know I'm done going to school. That goal is met.

I've collected a LOT of heavy (expensive) books along the way that are still relevant. I'd rather not move these books again in 2010, if possible, so selling sounds like a good way to go.

I got 98% of the way through the Marketplace registration and then punked out. I just felt like I must be missing something and I didn't want to make a mistake...especially since they would have our credit card number and we've got enough issues in that department these days.

Anyway.

I welcome any feedback or advice!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm not familiar with Fresh Off the Shelf. Have you looked into half.com? I've thought about unloading some books that way.

Peaches323 said...

I use Amazon Marketplace to buy and sell books frequently. A couple of years ago I was told to get rid of some of my books or they would disappear. I sold about 30 books on there with no issues.

missdona said...

I've used it. It's really easy, and can be very profitable.

half.com is another site, but I got way more traffic with amazon martketplace.