Friday, January 9, 2009

Cabo: The rest and then I'm finished, I promise. For real this time.

I really do have other things I want to talk about, but I've put them on hold until I finish this. I'll make it quick. I'm already tired of writing about so I can only imagine how you all must feel.


I decided that all I wanted for Christmas was a cabana. If you've seen the photos, then you know I was successful at scoping one out. I got down to the pool at about 6:30 am to secure the spot. I scoped out the sunrise while BD and Playette were in the room sleeping. When they came down, we all went to breakfast. At the right place this time.

The rest of the day was spent lounging, eating, drinking, reading, and swimming. Playette was loving the water once she got comfortable. She absolutely was refusing to nap at normal times, but of course she passed out right when they were doing the whole gift-giving thing with ZiplineSanta.

That night was the best one, I think. We had dinner in the Japanese restaurant, followed by the "Brazilian Party." There were drums and dancing and balloons waving all around. It was a great time. Every night should be like that. I totally want to have my own Brazilian Party now.

The two days that followed were spent in a very similar manner except for the fact that that Friday night was Karaoke. I did my usual rendition of a classic, complete with I'm melting like hot candle wax pantomime. There are no photos of that for a reason.

Saturday was our last day and I was determined to stay. BD was having none of that. Actually, he said, "Sure, you can stay. You and Lea."


So, at 10:30 that morning, we went back up to the room, finished packing, and caught a cab to the airport. As soon as the door was closed and we started moving, I looked at BD and said something to the effect of, "I think the tire's about to come off."

Then a little while later..."I think the whole side of the van is about to come off."

And then, about 5 minutes from the airport...BAM! FLAPFLAPFLAPFLAP

Yeah, the tire exploded.

All I could think about was how on The Amazing Race, whenever someone has crappy cab luck, people always race by all, "Sucks to be them," and then they have to wait for a replacement cab, but they get no time credit because they didn't use diesel fuel and then got Philiminated and the Pit Stop. Or something.

The driver spoke no English, but he was attempting to feebly reassure us that someone was coming to save us from the dusty side of the dessert road. Whenever a cab that was headed in the other direction would try to rescue us stop, he would wave them off.

Dude! Seriously?!

But I didn't speak enough Spanish to be able to persuade them to stay, so we sat. And sat. And sat.

Finally, someone came *trumpets of rescue blaring* and we were taken to the airport. Where we sat for 723 a few hours.

Again, Playette zonked out during takeoff (I still think that's weird and she may be part robot) and remained a model infant traveler until we got on the 45 minute flight that would bring us the rest of the way home. When she was the exact opposite of that.

I can't say that I could blame her. After traveling all day, I was done too.

And now we're home.

Read all that and still have no idea what I'm talking about?

Part I
Part II


Alvaro said...

Vicki the robot went to my high school. I'm not joking.

sheree said...

this robot business is too much. It's good for my soul though...I love when my husband looks over at me laughing hysterically at my computer monitor. Good stuff.

Also, I wish there were video of you singing some MJ. If cameron saw it, you would be his new hero. He loves him some "michael jacks."