Thursday, January 29, 2009

EEG Recap

This was a very, very difficult experiment. Not painful, just difficult.

First, there was keeping Playette awake. As soon as she got in the car for the ride to the hospital, she was ready to pass out. I did my best to keep her entertained, while also trying my best to get a few pages of Choosing Naia in. Not the best plan as one time I looked up and her eyes were closed. NOOOOOO!! WAKE UP!

Poor baby. She was so done. 5 hours of sleep just wasn't enough.

We arrived at the hospital at 8:30 and waited to get admitted. This was news to us because no one had bothered to fill us in on this detail. And could we let her start falling asleep now or not? No one knew.

By the time we got upstairs to "the room" it was just after 9. I got in the bed with Playette and tried to rock and shimmy with her until she fell asleep. She was so not having that. It was a new place. It was daytime. Who's that lady? Why's daddy sitting in that chair? Play with me. Oh, I'm so tired.

Yeah, like that.

Thankfully, after about 20 minutes, she was out. Whew.

Then, there was the next hurdle of getting all of the electrodes on. Ugh. The tech moved fast, but not fast enough for me. I just knew this would all be for naught because Playette was going to wake up. Techie was just, well, not gentle in her movements. There were a couple of scares, but we made it and got started at about 9:45.

The test is supposed to take 20 minutes. If all goes perfectly. It didn't. Though it was far from the worst nightmare I had imagined.

Playette slapped at the wires, moved around, etc.

Techie wanted me to do things, but she couldn't explain what she wanted and then would get mad at me for not reading her mind. Ugh. Seriously, Techie?

I'm still waiting on a call back regarding the results. I'll post as soon as I know.

In the meantime, here's some photos. I wanted to get one while she was sleeping, but I was busy trying to keep her from ripping off the stupid electrodes while Techie was giving me conflicting half-information.


First waking up.

Check me out.

Side View

Get these things off of me.

Ahhh, that's better.


Alvaro said...

A few thoughts:

1) This is just some brilliant way of getting Malea to play Xbox without using her hands, huh? The possibilities!!! Sign me up!

2) Those technocolor wires could pass for some cool extensions.

3) This looks like something from the Matrix.

That is all!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

That brings back so many memories! I'm glad that it's done.

datri said...

Did you manage to get all the goopy stuff out of her hair? That was another awful thing for us!!

Tricia said...

G had to do that at about 5 months. Turns out for her it was reflux.

sheree said...

cute pics! That is what gabby looks like when we go in for EKG's all the time...except they're not on her head, lol!