Friday, November 14, 2008

Potential

I saw this posted on Renee's blog a while ago and thought I would share it here for those that haven't seen it.

I'm getting to a place where I'm more accepting of Playette's abilities and how she is going to do things...just all in her own time. I used to be sad when comparing her to her peers. [Shoot, wasn't I just there the other day?] But more often than not, I'm doing much, much better in that area.

I know that I've struggled, a lot, in the past with comparing Playette to her chronological peers. When you look at birth dates, she's behind. But when you look at her own individual development, she's making great strides. What I have to continue to do, for my own sanity's sake, is make a choice on which I prefer to place my focus.

When I choose the latter approach, I'm happier. I'm more relaxed. I'm proud. And that's where I want to be. It's a good place. Regardless of what comes next, I'm living in the moment today and I like what I see and feel. This is honestly the best I've felt of my own motherhood experience. Trust me, this new. It's like someone turned on the lights.

All that to say, here's a 3 minute video of Xervier Doney at 17 months. I love that I can be happy for him and proud of his abilities without getting sad that these are not Playette's particular strengths.



Isn't he an amazing little guy? What a great example of the potential that exists within all of our children. The sky's the limit!




5 comments:

sheree said...

oh wow! Nguyen and I just sat here in awe over that little guy! That is awesome.

And you're right...the sky IS the limit!

Lisa said...

Chrystal, you have a wonderful outlook. Malea is fortunate to have such a terrific mama.

Oh, and I love the new "do" on your blog! Nice!

Jessica said...

Hi Chrystal, this is Jecca Dennis from babycenter. Love the video, that is just amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Signe said...

that really is amazing. makes me very hopeful about Lauren. I know it's alot of work, but there is a big payoff as well. What a gift to give a child the ability to communicate!

The Boltz Family said...

Hey, I recognize that program they were using from an infomercial I saw recently called "Baby Can Read." Hmmm. Maybe we do need that...