Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3 Interesting Tidbits

Yeah, I promise...more interesting than yesterday's rambling.

1. I got wind of this via an email I received today. I happen to think it's a very cool way of displaying information for doctors or anyone who may be in a position to talk to parents about a Ds diagnosis (or folks like me who just like to learn more), complete with different scenario options.

I don't know that we were told in a bad way, per se, but it surely could have been a leetle bit better. To be fair, I might have said that regardless, but I like to think that a few more (read: some) offered resources would have been helpful before we left the hospital. For example, there were several babies born with Ds at that very hospital in the few months prior and you would think that would have made them more prepared, especially since one of those parents was a Congressperson. Anyway, I'm rambling again. Here's the info:

Discussing Down Syndrome: A Physician's Guide

2. Also via email, I found out that Signing Times is having a Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal. Have I mentioned how much I love ST? I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. For now.

I know the songs and can sing along with the best of them. And by "them" I mean a group of 3-5 year olds. I've done it too. When we had everyone over for the Ds'elebration, I sat in this very (unrecognizably clean) office, popped in a DVD, and went to town. I like to think I was popular with the kiddos for like 10 minutes.

Anyway, so I like watching and singing and signing. Playette likes the watching part so far. Check her out, my little standing diva! [That's what she's doing these days. All the time. Everything is for pulling up on. No matter how dangerous (check out the towel milk drinking mat under her feet for proof.)]







3. Proof that we remain under attack. When BD cracked the door (WHA?!), this one didn't scurry off. He came closer. If I don't blog for a few days, please send help.



4 comments:

sheree said...

I am so sorry your hospital peeps were not as comforting and resourceful as they should have been. That is so unfortunate. Shame on them!

Oooh...I may have to go check out the ST sale. Those would make for good Christmas presents! :)

Jessica said...

Wow she is such a cutie! She does look like a little diva - watch out momma! I didn't have the best hospital experience either :( thanks for sharing the info.

Lisa said...

That racoon's pretty cute . . . not quite as cute as Malea though ;)

Michelle said...

We're big ST fans here too; Joe and I have been known to sing a song or two :)

Those racoons would freak me out!