Friday, November 21, 2008

The Highlight

I had a crappy day at work.

The lady at the bank treated me like a thief.

I had to walk out of my PT appointment because they tried to overcharge me and I wasn't having it.

Playette's beloved primary caregiver's last day at the daycare was today.

I bucked against my own typical behavior and tried to get a beer after work...and the tap ran dry on me. Probably for the best, but still. (BTW, who else has a bar down the hall from their office and never goes but me?)

BD opted to talk to a friend when I wanted to vent.
...
...
...
But I did do one thing today that makes it all pale in comparison.

There was a "Thanksgiving Luncheon" for the parents at daycare today. I guess it's a bigger deal for the older kids, but they still encouraged those of us with infants to join in. I fed Playette turkey, ham, mashed potatoes (favorite, by far), bread, peaches, and milk. I sat on the floor, talked to (met!) other parents, and just let it all kinda fade away. I'm actually looking forward to Thanksgiving a little bit more now, if only for the chance to see my big girl chow down like that again.

I know it may sound silly, but even just writing about it kinda makes me feel better.



4 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Sorry you had such a crappy day. I have alot of them days (try three people in one small house all on their monthly at the same time)also.

That normally means it is chocolate time for me :)

sheree said...

ugh. Sorry you had a semi-craptacular day. Glad a little bit of turkey nibblin' from the babe helped you out ;)

Jen said...

And thus is the beauty of the blog. It's always there for you, and the tap never runs dry. It also never tunes you out. Unlike SOME people. :)

Glad you had a good feast with your baby girl, and I hope today is a better day!

Michelle said...

Blogs are good therapy, as far as I'm concerned.

The feast at school sounds fabulous!