Thursday, October 6, 2011

You Oughta Know

  • I'm playing that song in the background as I type this.

  • I like lots of different types of music.

  • I didn't appreciate my kid this time four years ago.

  • Now I can't get enough of her.

  • I was afraid and couldn't fight through that or the sadness. For way longer than I even realized until after it was over.

  • I know now that I'm not alone in having felt that way.

  • I wish I had known then.

  • I hope someone else, who really needs to know, knows now.

  • I love the way that my daughter calls Dora "Lala" but then when you try to correct her and get her to pronounce it correctly, she says "d-d-d-d-Dora." It cracks me up every time.

  • I'm still not sure how I feel about going back to work.

  • That's not true. I know how I feel. I just don't know what I'm willing to do about it yet.

  • Now I'm listening to Kurtis Blow.

  • I love my friends.

  • I wonder what my mother would think of me today.

  • I really don't want to have to move again soon (destination: unknown), but I'll be more than ready to leave by then.

  • It's not the people, it's the place.

  • Except Sonic. And Chick-fil-A. And the beach. I like those parts.

  • I really, really don't like Facebook anymore. Surprisingly, it's not because of whatever changes they just made. I don't even really know what happened because I usually only check it from my phone.

  • I miss when people used to call me on the telephone. I actually like the telephone.

  • krlr, you should totally email me. My address is to the right of this post somewhere.

  • I really like beans but BD doesn't, so I had to turn my big batch into chili so that we'd both be happy.

  • That's love, y'all.

  • 5 comments:

    Michelle Z said...

    I miss you!!

    Michelle Z said...

    And guess what song is stuck in my head now?!

    Sharonda M said...

    Thank u! I really needed to read this. My little lady is 20 months now. Again thank u very much

    Anna said...

    oh how I remember a year ago feeling that. I second, no third the comment about Chick-fil-a and sonic. ( Ive visited both in the past two days.- youd know if you saw me and the xtra 15 I put on when I shouldve been loosing 30!!!!!)But I had to go 8 weeks without so much of what I love at home while in Ecuador that I came home and lost it.Felt terrified Id never find myself again. But I have. Great post.

    Me ;-) said...

    Great post! But now you got me wanting some chilli :-(