Sunday, October 16, 2011

Life Snippet

Me: (while braiding her hair before her bath) Do you know I love you so much?

Playette: Yeah.

Me: Do you know what that means?

Playette: Yeah.

Me: What?

Playette: (paraphrased) It's a song.

=====

This chick cracks me up.

While that's not what I meant because I was actually having a super mushy mama moment (where is my icy heart, anyway?), she's right about it being a song. I sing that to her a lot at night before bed. She loves it when I do.

Sidenote: I used to not like that song AT ALL. It's on this really annoying kid song cd that we have somewhere (hidden or lost, thank goodness).

But then, one day in the summer of 2010, on Lisa's blog, I heard her sing it to Sheridan right before he went in for open heart surgery and it totally changed my mind. Her voice and all the emotions of the moment replaced my memories of the other version and it came back to me with a brand new meaning. I actually wanted to sing it to my kid after that. So I did. Again and again and again. I don't think I ever told Lisa how much that touched me. Obviously, it did.