Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ok, fine...

So maybe social networking is not totally evil. At least not all of the time.

Today, I received a message on the Book of Faces from a friend from college. He asked me my opinion regarding how he might handle a specific situation with a person with Ds in his professional life.

I couldn't have been more thrilled.

Seriously. I love answering questions.

Now, I don't think I'm the end all-be all when it comes to Ds. I don't know everything about everyone with 47 chromos, by far. But, I swear, it's nice to be asked. He didn't have to do that. It was respectful and genuine and that's the most I can ever ask for.

I took the time to think through my response, not wanting to do either him or the person with Ds a disservice. I thought about different scenarios. I weighed one possible situation versus another. And then I thought some more. And googled.

I probably gave him way too much information.

And when I finally sent what I had come up with, he responded. He told me that what I told him was pretty much in line with what he was thinking and that I gave him a few additional tips that may prove helpful.

I still can't help but think that I totally screwed that up because I am a pessimist at the core of my icy heart, but hopefully it all went fine.

I have to admit, if it weren't for FB or this blog, we may not have ever had that exchange.

So, fine. I give one up to the wide, wide world of web.

*shaking my fist ominously at the sky*

And now? There are some kids on my lawn that I need to go yell at.

2 comments:

Not a Perfect Mom said...

um really? no details?

Becca said...

Yeah, dish it!! LOL

See, social networking isn't a bad thing. I use it to spread awareness. Uh, yeah...to all 1400 of my "friends" who already have children with Ds and are spreading awareness themselves...LOL