Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It’s That Time Again

I know it may seem early, but the hotel registration for the next NDSC Convention, to be held in Washington, DC, next July opened yesterday. I just booked our room. That’ll make four years in a row! (Sacramento, Orlando, San Antonio, DC-o)

So, trust me on this, you want to book your room(s) sooner than later. Already, the days are limited to Wednesday through Sunday. At least they were when I just was in the system. You may want to look into that further, especially if you’re planning a longer family trip to see all the sites and prefer to stay in a single hotel the entire time.

They are requiring a one-night deposit this year, most likely to keep people from booking and then canceling at the last minute as in previous years.

Bonus: It’s right by the National Zoo. Which is FREE, people. As all museums and zoos should be, said the girl from DC. There’s also Chipolte right on the corner. It’s a shame that I remember that, but still. There is.

So, jump on in! If you have a family member or friend with Ds, or you work/support people that have Ds, this is an overall great experience. There’s a TON of information and the general feeling of acceptance and being around thousands of people that “get it” is just…unmatched.

We hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'll just drive in, or stay at my mom's nearby. Wow, and I used to live just up the street from that hotel, too! I'm really looking forward to it, as we haven't been to any yet!

Cate said...

I think the deposit is refundable if you cancel early enough? I have to look. Haven't booked yet. Not sure if the whole family is going or what.

Jennifer Horner said...

we are so there in DC with you! Yay!