Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today...

- Playette woke up way too early. I somehow convinced her to sleep in with me.

- I ignored the fact that I hadn't been to Kickboxing in two weeks and continued to sleep.

- I had tortellini and pesto for breakfast.

- My mother showed up.

- I had a run/walk/vent session with FNPT.

- I looked for handkerchiefs online.

- I learned that the ideal handkerchiefs are hard to find and/or quite expensive to purchase in bulk.

- I realized that I had no idea what proper attire is for a toddler at a Memorial Service.

- I got upset and cried over all the things that seem to be happening all at once that I don't know how to "fix." Things that include, but are unfortunately not limited to, whether or not to change Playette's daycare room, a more frequently unreliable respite worker, new job anxiety, conflicts with our landlord, etc.

- I wanted to get out of the house so off to the outlets we went.

- I enjoyed some In-N-Out for lunch, topped off with a milkshake. Felt a little better.

- I finished the first chapter of The Memory Keeper's Daughter in the car.

- I picked out some shoes.

- I laughed because Playette refused to walk in one pair. It was like she was stuck in one place.

- We watched her walk in two other pairs and subsequently bought those. I'm still confused over whether or not Playette is "ready" to wear these yet though. Ugh.


- I found a dress. And a shrug. Very cute. Appropriate?


- I bought boring, yet necessary, socks.


- I read Silly Sally at least 5 times. At least. And I love when I get to "tickle Neddy Buttercup" every single time.

- I finally convinced Playette that going to bed is not the enemy.

- I'm writing my first obituary.

- I may eventually get to eat dinner.

7 comments:

The Hapa Girl said...

I'm offering you a virtual hug...wish I could be there for a real one

The Hapa Girl said...

BTW...the dress for P is beautiful

Kanuck said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Thinking of you.

Are lace hankies a funeral/memorial necessity in your family and/or culture? I ask because it's not a tradition with which I'm familiar from my Germanic/Mennonite background.

The outfit is cute and appropriate, in my mind. I am not an expert, but if she's walking in them I'd say she's "ready" for shoes, especially if it's only for a day. And if you're worried, the pink ones look softer and thus would prob. allow more "natural" balance/ proprioception if that's the worry.

Tricia said...

So sorry for your loss.

The dress is very pretty and I think very appropriate.

Natasha said...

Love the shoes.. She will be so ready for them. The dress is very appropriate and perfect. I will be thinking and praying for you and your family.

Wendy P said...

Prayers and hugs from Texas. I think the dress is lovely and very appropriate.

Wendy P said...

Chrystal - I hope you're doing ok. I have an award for you on my blog - just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.