Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thank you

I've never attempted to post from my Blackberry before, but I figured it was worth a try so that I could let you all know how much I appreciate your very kind words.

I arrived in Philadelphia at about 6am local time after traveling through the night. I was fortunate to have been looked kindly upon by a gate agent at LAX and been given a first class upgrade, just for asking nicely. I was especially grateful to have additional comforts since I've been sick (again) all week.

I got here in time to see my grandmother. It's such a hard thing to go through right now. She hasn't seen me since October 2005 and the reasons for that are still not something I can even begin to explain. And I'm trying not to focus on that right now because that's not why I'm here, but it's easier said than done. I'm trying to focus on the positives.

My grandmother knows I'm here and if that makes it any easier for her to let go, then I am grateful.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

thank goodness for those small blessings like getting an upgrade to first class. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and what you're going through...I'm glad you were able to make it there in time to see her and so she would know you were there. I'm sorry Melea couldn't have gone w/you so your grandmother could have met her. Sending you that long-distance hug.

invisiblecities said...

You are absolutely right, she knows you are there and that is all that matters, not the time passed or reasons why. Take care of yourself Chrystal. Very very best to you. H

sheree said...

thinking of you, friend.

I am sure your grandma is very grateful for your presence.

((hugs))