Friday, April 24, 2009

Full Circle

I'm sitting here comtemplating how to handle the IFSP situation I'm currently in and how much I can't stand those people and how they seem to cause more harm than good and how I still haven't written out any of what actually happened...and then I remember that I'm at work.

So, I decide to do some, well, work.

Someone had left a catalog on my desk along with a note instructing me to peruse and let them know what kind of training seminars interest me.

I picked out about 10, being sure to include ones that are good, but coincidentally only offered in cities where my friends live so that I can get a free visit out of it, before my supervisor informs me that she can only authorize local stuff.

Well, boo. That sucks.

I trim my list accordingly and only three courses remain:

- How to Communicate with Tact and Professionalism
(not that I don't, but I'm sure there's room for improvement)

- Dealing with Difficult People

- Managing Emotions Under Pressure

I had to laugh. At this rate, our six-month IFSP review may just go ok after all.

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. LOL. I've taken that Dealing with Difficult- Mothers Oh I mean- People, a few times. The only problem is my recall of the content never seems to kick in until after the difficult encounter is OVER:).

sheree said...

those sound like some classes I should be enrolling in as well. Sigh.