Thursday, December 11, 2008

Follow-Up

So I posted about The Doctors.

And I've posted about Xervier Doney reading at 17 months old.

I've since learned, after having a dialogue with Xervier's dad and speaking with a friend that knows little Toran's family, that they both use the same program called "Your Baby Can Read."

I'm really interested in getting it for Playette. The good thing is that I can set the TiVo to learn more next week. The show will be on next Wednesday, December 17th.

Have you tried it? If so, please let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

We have the Your Baby Can Read complete DVD set (we didn't receive any flashcards with it though). I wouldn't say it's taught Kayla to read though LOL However, I do admit to not following the exact instructions on how to get the most out of it. For instance it says to start with the starter video and they are supposed to watch that 1x a day for a month, or maybe it was 2 months, something like that. Then go to video 1 and watch it 1x a day for a month or whatever. You were supposed to go through all the videos in such a way like that. I will admit we didn't do that. We started to, and I tried to follow it, but after a month of watching it? And trying to REMEMBER to watch it every day, and for the specified length of time? Just couldn't do it. Plus we didn't have the flashcards, so we didn't have those to use hand-in-hand with it. It might have also been that we ordered it when Kayla was a little older (around 2 or 3 I think) so she wasn't always interested in watching it either, not every single day. She did like the videos (and still will watch them sometimes) but we just couldn't keep up with the every day thing. It's neat that his baby was able to read the flascards though.