Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Tribute

We moved here last November, arriving the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The holiday season was in full swing.

Part of learning the area is finding a radio station or two that you like. We only had one car at the time so I was in it a lot...dropping BD off at work, taking Playette to Parent's Place, grocery shopping, picking BD back up, blah blah blah. I needed some good music to keep me going so this was a big deal to me at the time.

I was in the process of testing this one station out when I heard a song I had never heard before. It was catchy and cute and festive. It instantly became a favorite. I wouldn't get out of the car if this song was on. I sang along every time. I sang it when it wasn't on the radio. I told other people about it.

In case you're like I was and the song is new to you, I'll share it with you here, but first...another tale.

I looked up the song on YouTube, hoping to learn a little more about it. Was it old or new? Did other people like it as much as I did?

I found a homemade video with a little boy singing along and watched it several times. He made it even better!



When I read the info, I found that he had passed away earlier that year. I'd like to take a moment to thank Jason's family for sharing him with all of us. Every time I hear the song, I think of his adorable face, knowing that he enjoyed the song as much as I do.

0 comments: