Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just for Fun: Travel Edition

I like to travel and have a goal of seeing all 50 of the United States.

It's possible, but that might end up requiring a road trip, which - ICK. Not one of my favorite things.

I don't count states I've only traveled through, remember? Otherwise, I would have been able to select IL.

(BTW, I found my little highlighted map and now it's taped up to the wall right here next to my monitor.)

Now with the countries, I'm a little more lenient. I never stepped foot off the ship I was on in France or Belgium, but I was there, dang it! When you spend two weeks on a merchant ship, traveling the North Atlantic in the winter, freezing and dirty? It totally counts that you're there when the ship ties up. Trust me on this.

There was no way to select Diego Garcia, but I spent 4 months there and I have some great memories. It's probably one of those dots under India.

Playette's Maps



Awww, look at the little traveler!

Create your own personalized maps.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow! I'm jealous! But I have to admit. I HATE traveling. Once I am wherever I am going, I like it fine...but getting there keeps me in my car. I HATE flying HATE HATE HATE it!

sheree said...

how cool! My dad lives in Montana...let's go! lol

Anonymous said...

Did you forget Mexico on Playette's map? It's so small on there I can't really tell. I'd love for you to light up Florida on her's though :)