Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Busy Day

How is that on days like today when I'm not going to work (which is a huge stress-inducer for me) and my child is in daycare that I still feel so busy?

Why do I ask questions to which I know the answer?

I've got to hurry and get Playette's hair done so that I can take her to daycare in time for her OT appointment. We're going to try and move some of the session into the classroom. For the last year or so, we've spent the 45 minutes in a conference room, but the new teachers would like to know what's going on so that they can help Playette practice what she needs to thrive in the new environment. I think that's fair. Originally, we were told (a long, long time ago) that the primary caregiver would be relieved so that she'd be able to participate in the conference room with us, taking the knowledge back to the room.

That never happened. Not once.

Anyway, back to thriving. I wish she would. Since going in the new room, she's actually lost skills. A month ago, she was standing up on her own all the time and I just knew that walking was not long to come.

Now she's back to only pulling to stand. She will take steps if we hold one finger though.

And yesterday? Yesterday, she played wet noddle all day long. She was just blah. She didn't fight me when I did her hair. No excitement, no energy. No symptoms of illness either. Everyone was at a loss. But this morning she's back to normal, so maybe that's over?

Does this sound like familiar behavior to anyone? You know I'm new to this whole mama thing.

I have an appointment that I'm not exactly looking forward to today. Apparently, I'll be in a bit of pain afterward, so no going into the office today for me. Not that I don't have plenty to do. If I'm up to it, I'll pull out the laptop and do some writing.

BTW, I'm still in my pajamas. Let's see how much I can get done in 15 5 minutes.

1 comments:

Tricia said...

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe she was feeling a little under the weather. If she is back to her old self today I wouldn't worry too much. Ican't believe they haven't had a primary caregiver in there once!