Friday, February 13, 2009

DOWN* SYNDROME

I happen to think that TiVo is one of the greatest inventions ever.

Combine that with my interest in all things Ds and what you get is a WishList search on Ds. Since many people still call it "Down's syndrome" (like nails on a chalkboard to me unless it's accompanied by a lovely British accent), I added the asterisk just to be sure and catch any show that mentions Ds in its description.

So far, I have netted an episodes of "Touched by an Angel" and "Nanny 911". The TBaA episode does not seem to be something that I would ordinarily enjoy. BD and I watched the first 10 minutes together and found it borderline comical.

I'll probably still watch it by myself though because, well, I'll watch anything.

Plus, I'm sick, so it's whatever.

There's another TBaA set to tape in a few day I think. Apparently, TBaA had a Ds theme going during 1997. In the next one, a family receives a prenatal diagnosis, I think.

I'd have to go downstairs to verify and you just know that's not happening today, right?

I still need a nap.

1 comments:

sheree said...

I wonder if my dvr does something similar. That is such a great idea. Oh, by the way...I watched how's your news without interruption and just as I suspected, I dig it ;)