Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Self-Advocates, Blog Watching, etc.

I love this video that highlights Karen Gaffney's accomplishments.

I am also inspired by Michael Jurogue Johnson and admire his work. Can't you just imagine his depiction of Playette? One day!

...
...
...

For those out there that are new to the blogosphere, I'd like to introduce you to a tool that really helps me keep up with the 25 blogs that I read regularly.

Before Tricia told me about Google Reader, I was struggling!

You do need a Google login, but not necessarily a Gmail account. If you have a profile here, it should be the same.

On the Google homepage, at the top, select "more"

Near the bottom of that drop-down list, select "Reader"

If you're logged in, you should see a green bar in the left sidebar of the page that says "Add subscription"

Click the link and either type of past the blog you'd like to follow.

You'll then be able to see whenever a blog to which you've subscribed is updated.

Perhaps even easier, you can opt to go to the very bottom of this page and, under the word "Subscribe", select "Posts" and then "Add to Google"

There are other options out there, but unless this is the first post of mine that you're reading, you know that this is pretty exceptional for me when it comes to sharing technical info.

If you're a fellow blogger, you can always choose to "Follow" but you probably know more about that than I do!

...
...
...

I know, I know, not all that exciting, but I'm so super tired. It'll get better. I promise.



1 comments:

sheree said...

good tips! I had no idea you could do that :)