Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Up, Down, and All Around

That could describe so many things these days.

We've been busy lately. It's true! Also, what else is new?

There are things I want to talk about, but I want to post photos that are either in my camera or those of other people. And then there are other things that I would love to share that I just can't quite get motivated enough to type out. Then still, there are photos that I have with no words that are getting to be so old that it almost feels too boring to post.

So, yeah. All of that.

But today? Today I am here. And I will talk about the exciting nuances of my toddler's teeth.

That's right. Break out the snacks and settle in for...teeth.

Yes, that's the best I can come up with.

But, really, it is rather interesting. I've posted about these suckers a lot. No, really. A lot.

More than one probably should.

But I won't let that stop me.

First, it was all "Where are they already?" and then it was "Oh, here's why she doesn't have them yet" followed by "No, seriously, where are they?!" and then some "Oh, here's one" and "Maybe you'd like a picture?"

Well, I stopped counting the teeth at 6. I know for a fact that there are 6 in there. Maybe more. But I'm not going in to investigate. Nope, not me. I'll take her to the dentist instead. Let the people who get paid the big bucks take the risks.

So here's the deal with the post title. Those teeth? They're coming in any old way they please. You know the picture you have in your head of a baby with two front teeth? You know, either on the top or the bottom? Ha! That is sooo not happening over here.

So there were the molars. Those were first. All four, top and bottom, matchy-matchy. Weird timing, but I was ok with that.

Then there was this little guy.


He's been hanging out for a while. Or maybe "hanging out" isn't quite right. More like "digging in." He's the tortoise in this tooth eruption race.

So while Lower Right Central Incisor (like I would have a clue what it was called without the chart) was chillin', Upper Left Central Incisor decided to make a sneak attack.


From the way Playette keeps her hands shoved in the back of her mouth, I'm guessing we're gonna end up with close to a mouthful of these teeth things eventually.

At least I hope.

And maybe even sooner than later.

But I've been wrong before.

Am I still talking about her teeth? Gah!

1 comments:

sheree said...

I think Gabby is taking the same path as playette in regard to tooth development. She is currently 18 months and has been working on her top two molars for at least two months and they haven't made much progress AT ALL. I can still only barely see the little white points. C'mon already!!!