Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Year

Wow. The time really is flying.

I just realized that if Playette had had another birthday, that means that this blog has been around another year.

Thank you so much to all of you for your support, understanding, kind words, and encouragement over the last two years.

It means a lot to all of us.

When I think back to how I was when I wrote the first post, tears streaming down my face, and then when I included the link in an email to a select group of family and friends, scared to officially share that my child was born with Down syndrome, never did I imagine where we would be today.

As a mother, and more importantly as the mother to my daughter, I've changed a lot. I may have fear of the future hit me from time to time, but it does not consume me. I know where to go when I have questions. I don't keep it to myself. I know that others have been there and done that and are more than willing to give me a hand up when needed. I welcome the opportunity to do that for others.

It's a very good thing for me, this blog.

I hope that you'll continue to join us on this journey.

Again, thank you.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE sharing in your journey... and love that (not so) baby girl of yours!

A Lady Called Amy said...

Hope she had a great birthday! :)