Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 1

Yesterday, when our house became Bowl Game Central, Playette and I dipped out for some mama-daughter time. As the time gets closer and closer for us to move, I feel like it's important to take full advantage of the benefits of our current hometown.

So, yesterday, we went to the beach. Awesome, right? So how come we never go?

I packed up the truck with the jog stroller, a plastic blanket (do those things have another name?), snacks, books, and the camera.

I don't know why we haven't been doing this the whole time! Playette had fun and was pretty worn out by the time we were heading home. I'll have to add this to the list of things we can do when we think there's nothing to do. Seriously. I don't know how many times a day/week/month we'll be sitting here, especially on the weekends, saying we have nothing to do. I should get some of those window markers and just make it super plain. Maybe then we'll take our own hints, ya think?












10 comments:

Lisa said...

too awesome for words...

Shonn said...

I LOVE reading your blog. It's great to hear about your adventures with Playette. Keep sharing!

Peaches323 said...

Heart these pictures. I am stealing them.

AZ Chapman said...

looks like fun

Lisa said...

Look at that cutie pie!

LLPirate said...

I am seriously regreating not coming out to CA a few weeks back. At least Ben is now plotting for March!!! I want to go to the beach:-)

sheree said...

how cute are those pics?! OMG!!

Tricia said...

Love love LOVE these pics....especially the hand one. I miss the beach near where I grew up...go back for me! :)

evrfwd said...

love the photos and especially of your daughter holding your hand. Happy new year!

Christina M said...

C your child is absolutely stunning beautiful!