Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Like Chrismukwanzakah

I just got home from the Bootcamp End Celebration and I had my hands full. A t-shirt, a workout journal, a gift card, and a certificate. If you can believe it. Out of everyone that participated in the before and after weigh-ins and measurements, I lost the most inches overall. "WOOHOO!" I say. I'm going to try not to over-analyze and just accept it for what it is. Can a sista get another gold star for that?

So do you want in on my plan? Ok, listen close. I'm done with Bootcamp (it just doesn't work well with our schedule next quarter), but I have committed to meeting with the instructor, a personal trainer, once a week. I figure she can work me for that hour and help me plan a few more workouts to complete on my own for the rest of that week. We can also talk nutrition, which I suck at maintaining, and it will be much harder for me to hide because there's no group of buff people surrounding me. Just the two of us. I need that type of accountability. Plus, since I've agreed to work out in here home gym, the rate is extremely reasonable. Everybody wins. I also need to get in the habit of being able to do this kind of stuff on my own. I relied so much on my Tae Bo classes in the past that when we moved here, I didn't know what to do with myself and I did nothing as a result. I hope this will teach me how to motivate myself anytime and anywhere.

Full Disclosure: I haven't worked out since Wednesday. My bag has been in the backseat of the car for two days and...nada. I have to get some workouts in this weekend. I never said this was going to be easy. I am super out of shape and overweight. Don't let the certificate fool you.

Also, I need to set up 3, 6, 9, and 12 month goals before I see her again.

Feel free to ask me how it's going.

===================================

Oh! Playette starts swim lessons tomorrow. I've been waiting for this for MONTHS! We signed up for the next available class back in June and this was it. Figures that she has a cold and can't actually participate. Boo.

But we're going anyway. BD said we paid and we're going. Dry and all.

3 comments:

sheree said...

awesome!! I need to get on the ball too...lots of baby weight left to lose, grrr.

I need to make 3,6,9, and 12 month goals too! We can keep eachother accountable. I started a chart at www.skinnyr.com

It's nice to be able to "see" your progress drawn out.

Have fun at swim lessons. Sorry playette is sick :(

Z said...

ok...I finally made it..!
It took me a couple of hours to catch up on everything but I am here!

Awwh swimming lessons. I am definitely going to standby and see how that one goes.

Luv Ya,
Z

Michelle said...

congrats on getting through that boot camp and losing the most inches!

I hope swimming lessons went well!