Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tired, but Optimistic

So that conference I mentioned in my last post started today. Yup, Sunday. I was only in the office for 45 minutes yesterday so that counts as a day off, right?

Well, I put in a good 8 hours today and that's a light day compared to tomorrow (6 am start, 11 pm end) and the next couple of days that follow.

I came home to help wrap up Playette's evening so that BD could study for a test. After she's in her crib and the bottles are washed and I grab the remaining pieces of clothing that didn't make it in my suitcase because they were in the wash...I'll head back to the Marriott.

We took Playette to the park for the first time yesterday. It seemed like the right thing to do. It was a nice enough day and there was nothing really going on. We weren't the only parents with that idea so I guess we're not doing such a bad job at this winging it thing.





It was crowded and I wanted to fight this one dad for shoving his daughter in the swing just as I was approaching. Seriously, he knew. Jerk.

I so do not need to be the mom that fights other parents at the park over a baby swing.

Taking the high road, we walked a lap around the park and the swing was empty by the time we got back. It was worth the wait cause Playette loved, I mean LOVED, the swing. The slide, not so much. But the swing? Awww, yeah.



Check out that laugh. It's contagious.

Playette's not BD's.

Also note the long sleeves and sweats we're wearing. Granted, it may have hit 70 so I did actually remove the down vest I was wearing. Oh happy (summer) day.

Ahem.

So, yeah, remember to skip the slide if you ever find yourself at a park with her. Don't say I didn't warn you.



Oh, and we learned something. The playground is not all about play, ya know. There's some knowledge to be had....



We're just about 500 miles shy of being equal distance between "home" and Hawaii.



It's 9:40 and Playette is still playing. Not good. Lemme put this child to bed since she's obviously not going to do it herself tonight.

She's playing me again, y'all.

1 comments:

sheree said...

grrr! I hate it when parents act like bratty kids at the playgroud!!

I loved the video! So cute, and you're right...her laugh is VERY contagious ;)