Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pardon Me, Guys

I do hope that you'll forgive the long-ish absence. BD came to the realization that his vacation from school was quickly coming to an end and, thusly, we got the heck out of Dodge.

The Big One had nostalgic thoughts of Magic Mountain and I was pretty agreeable to anything resembling actual summer (eee!) activities, so we piled up in the new-to-us-ness that is the 2nd car and drove 5 hours SE to LA.


We stayed with Playette's great-grandmother, who was overjoyed to spend time with her while The Big Ones scoffed at the idea that the X2 ride would really be an unfortunate way to die. [watching that video just freaked me out...I was so naive. The seats flip around, y'all!]


Once we decided to extend our stay, we had some time to fill. Gourmet that I am, I insisted that we must dine on chicken and waffles. Mmmmm, Roscoe's.


Playette enjoyed her vittles.


After that, it was all, "Ok, now what?" So, uh, all that came to mind on short notice was this place I had seen on TV. If anyone else will admit silently that they watch E! and are familiar with a certain family, then you'll know what I mean and I won't have to submit myself to public shame. Besides, Playette needed something matching to go on her feet (cause we didn't pack enough for the longer stay) and the socks we found were just too cute. Mind you, she can snatch them off in 1.8 seconds, but at least they'll have good yard re-sale value. [For those that care, one sister was actually there and drives a very nice car.]

With that complete, it was time to move on to a locale of historical significance. The sun was shining as we drove down the Pacific Coast Highway until we reached Santa Monica Pier.


After enjoying the view for a while, it was time to eat again. Playette enjoyed perusing the wine list.






Our last full day was spent with family (aunts, uncles, and cousins everywhere!) at an enjoyable 4th of July cookout.


(I am so mad that we missed out on getting Cookiepuss. I didn't know until just now that there was even Carvel in Cali. Hmph.)

There was sun, a pool (eee!!!), good food and conversation. I needed that some kinda bad.


BTW, Playette didn't seem to mind the water at all. You might even say she enjoyed it. Woohoo! Hopefully she stays that way since we're due to start swim class in September. Big ups to BD for signing her up since if it rested on me, I might still be posting about going to sign her up a year from now.

Well, on Saturday morning, we packed up and headed home. It was a quiet evening and it's been a low-key Sunday for us. BD starts a new quarter tomorrow and it's back to daycare and work for Playette and I. Who goes where is still to be determined.

I may actually get dressed today. I have a birthday coupon from Cold Stone and it expires on Tuesday. I would cry if I missed out on the free ice cream.

Priorities, people. Priorities.

Also, I think we may have purchased our last tub o' formucrack. Playette is now all about drinking milk!

0 comments: