Friday, December 21, 2012

Uncle

I know you'll be sad,
But don't shed a tear.
I'm not sending
Holiday cards out this year.

The ones that we've gotten
Are all on display, 
So I'm glad that you all
Still decided to play.

I could tell a fib
And say, "We're just going green,"
But the truth is, in part,
Stamp prices? Obscene.

And if I'm being honest
A big factor, y'know...
Is that I let my membership
Expire with Costco.

But that hasn't stopped me
From bad poetry.
'Cause lucky for y'all
I can do that for free.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

See below for years when I had more motivation. I love the little story this anthology tells of our family.


2008



2009



2010


2011

(last year I sent out two versions, which seems downright comical to me now)







Note: 
In 2007, when Playette was just six months old, I was still a mess and barely interested in celebrating a holiday. So, in case you're one who's wondering...it does get so much better.



0 comments: