Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Most Expensive Nightlight on the Block

Ok, so we got it on sale from Amazon, but still. It's got my frugal heart all a-flutter.

But sleep is a big deal around here these days and without it, I am we are crabby and snippy.

I had heard about other, at the time seemingly much older, children with Ds waking up at ungodly pre-dawn hours and disrupting not only their rooms but the entire family, but not my kid. No, my awesome sleeper would never do a thing like that.

I felt for those parents.

And now I am one of those parents.

I wake up to the sound of the Dora guitar more often than I would like.

Plus, with Dez on his own do whatever kinda schedule? We needed to do something. Anything.

So, when BD reported to his first day of work and learned how his co-worker had taught her five-year-old to stay in bed, we jumped on it.

The Good Nite Lite arrived today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Because, y'know, it's not a nightlight, it's a patented behavioral modification device designed to promote a child's ability to get the rest that is critical for healthy development.

Now that's a mission statement that will get a sucka to spend an extra 30 bucks!

If you've used it, I'd love to hear about your experience.

3 comments:

miki1908 said...

Interesting! Let me know if it works.

Nancy said...

My social worker swears by them.

krlr said...

My darling sweet child has taken to kicking her door when she is ready to get up. I'm pretty sure she's on the floor kicking with both feet like she wants to break thru the wood. It's charming. Especially at 6am. Night light is looking good!